Alrighty! Let’s start doing this again.
The plan is to get back to doing these roughly once a month again.
Work I did (1 Jan 2021 - 26 Feb 2021)
- Published the last version of pip that supports Python 2! 🎉
- Published a few releases of Furo – a Sphinx theme I wrote.
- Made some (unreleased) changes to sphinx-autobuild.
- Made some more progress on installer – a reusable library for Python (wheel) package installation.
get-pip.pyand the generation pipeline for it.
- Started a rewrite of pip’s documentation. I’d love to get some feedback on this.
- I’m experimenting with a new thing: social weekends!
- I presented 2 talks at FOSDEM: in the Python devroom and Open Source Design devroom. Shout-out to Bernard Tyers, for all the help and the bazillion reminders to make sure I do all the things on time. :)
- Collaborating on designing a lockfile format for Python, that can hopefully be standardised for interoperability.
Onboarding in a new company, relocating internationally, settling into a new space has been… well, it’s all been a very interesting learning experience.
Given the fairly strict lockdown and the percentage of people wearing masks in my locality, I’ve spent a lots of time indoors. Looking forward to the social weekends experiment I’m doing.
- pip: Work on the documentation rewrite, hopefully to get it ready in time for the next release.
- pip: Clear some of the backlog on the pull request front.
- pip: General discussions for new features and enhancements.
- TOML: Work on writing that the compliance test suite.
- TOML: Bring
tomlfor Python back from the dead.
- Furo: Make the first stable release.
- Start work on the other Sphinx theme I have in mind.
- Spend more time looking into the Python lockfile standardisation effort.
- Catch up on the Python-on-Debian saga, and see how I can contribute constructively.
Oh, I have a full time job at Bloomberg now. :)