I’m trying to post these roughly once a month. Here’s the Feb post.
Work I did (1 Mar 2021 - 31 Mar 2021)
- Started writing a PEP 517 build backend for Sphinx themes.
- Started writing sphinx-basic-ng, an attempt at modernising the Sphinx theme ecosystem.
- Released new versions of sphinx-autobuild.
- More updates to Furo.
- Made progress on installer’s implementation.
- Made progress on pip’s documentation rewrite.
- Started work on rewriting ScriptTest, to pay down pip’s technical debt.
- Talking to relevant folks about
tomlon PyPI (and moving it to… a specific GitHub repository).
- Finally sat down and did an “open source responsibility audit”.
- My [social weekends] are still a thing, and has been great so far!
- Still collaborating on designing a lockfile format for Python.
- Added to The Executable Book Project’s GitHub organisation! ^>^
- Chatted with a few people about the state of Python and pip on Debian.
Looking back, I think I picked up a couple of new projects based on random brain waves I had! That’s perfectly timed, because I’ve decided to pivot away from my earlier approach of “yay, more responsibility!”.
This is getting increasingly harder to decide on, as my free time chunks are becoming smaller and I’m picking up bigger projects. :)
- Sphinx Theme PEP 517 stuff: Make the initial release.
- sphinx-basic-ng: Make the first usable release.
- pip: Clear some of the backlog on the pull request front.
- pip: More progress on the documentation rewrite.
- Spend more time looking into the Python lockfile standardisation effort.
- Write a blog post, on automated code formatting.
- Find more speaking opportunities, to talk about things that aren’t Python packaging!
A full time job, that pays my bills. :)