I’m trying to post these roughly once a month. Here’s the March post.
Work I did (1 Apr 2021 - 30 Apr 2021)
- Initial release of sphinx-basic-ng is out!
- Initial release of installer is out!
- Revamped sphinx-themes.org!
- Made progress on the “sister theme” for Furo. Picked a name for it too!
- Made progress on a PEP 517 build backend for Sphinx themes, and told a few relevant folks about it.
- My social weekends are still a thing, and have been great so far! If
you wanna talk to me on a weekend, click that link. :)
- Continuing to collaborate on designing a lockfile format for Python.
- Got involved in discussions about modernising the Python documentation theme.
- Got involved in discussions about new tutorial in the Sphinx documentation.
- Did some post-pip-release fire fighting. :)
Nothing to say here this time.
I’m going to try to wrap up the big things I started over the last few months.
- installer: Finalise and make a stable release.
- Sphinx: Continue iterating on
- Sphinx: Continue iterating on $theme-I-am-writing.
- Sphinx: Continue iterating on the PEP 517 backend.
- Speak at a few local meetups, remotely.
- Spend time on the Python lockfile standardisation effort.
- Spend time on the Python documentation improvement effort.
- Spend time on the Sphinx tutorial and documentation improvement effort.
A full time job, that pays my bills. :)