I’m trying to post these roughly once a month. Here’s the April post.
Work I did (1 May 2021 - 30 Jun 2021)
- Made significant progress on pip’s documentation rewrite.
- More progress on installer’s usability.
- Finally completed the restructuring of pip’s distribution via https://bootstrap.pypa.io/. Shoutout to @ewdurbin who did most of the magic here. :)
- A lot of issue tracker triage (and mostly saying no) for Furo.
- Sphinx 4 compatibility for Furo.
- Wrote my own VS Code editor UI theme, finally.
- Sphinx: More progress on $theme-I-am-writing.
- PyPA logistics for moving pipx and cibuildwheel.
- Passively involved in the editable installs standardisation process.
If you wanna talk to me on a weekend, I’m still doing open social weekends. :)
Nothing to say here this time.
Some more wrapping up of ongoing projects, since I actually didn’t really do that as much as I’d hoped for.
- Make further progress on pip’s documentation rewrite.
- installer: Finalise and make a stable release.
- Sphinx: Continue iterating on
- Sphinx: Continue iterating on $theme-I-am-writing.
- Sphinx: Continue iterating on the PEP 517 backend.
- Spend time on the Python lockfile standardisation effort.
- Help with the July pip release.
A full time job, that pays my bills. :)