- pip 2017 - present
- pip is the package installer for Python. It is the most downloaded package on the Python Package Index.
I am a maintainer of pip, and have been the release manager for most pip releases since late 2018.
- Python Package Index 2017 - present
- Python Package Index (PyPI) is a repository of software for the Python programming language.
I am a moderator on PyPI.
- virtualenv 2018 - present
- virtualenv is a tool to create isolated Python environments.
I am a maintainer of virtualenv.
- TOML 2018 - present
- TOML is a minimal configuration file format used in many places, including Python’s
pyproject.tomlfile and Rust’s
I am a member of the “TOML Core” team, and have been primary maintainer since the 0.5.0 release.
- vendoring 2019 - present
- A command line tool for vendoring Python Packages. Designed specifically for pip’s use case.
I am the creator and primary maintainer of vendoring.
- installer 2020 - present
- A library for installing Python wheel distributions, for use as a building block for package/dependency management tooling.
I am the creator and primary maintainer of installer.
Community, Talks, Interviews, and Articles
- Podcast.__init__ 2020
- Interviewed about my work on pip’s next-generation dependency resolver.
- Python Software Foundation Fellow 2019
- Recognized as a fellow by the Python Software Foundation because of my significant contributions to the Python community.
- PyCon Korea 2019
- Gave a keynote titled “How did I get here?”
- PyCon India 2019
- Gave a talk titled “Python Packaging - where we are and where we’re headed”. Also ran a sprint on Python Packaging tooling.
- PyConf Hyderabad 2019
- Gave a talk titled “Rethinking Python Packaging – a thought experiment”. Also ran a sprint on Python Packaging tooling.
- PyCon US 2019
- Volunteer at the conference, participant in the development sprints and the “Python Packaging Mini-Summit”.
- SourceSort 2019
- Interviewed as part of an ongoing series of “Interviews with open source maintainers and developers” by SourceSort.
- Google Summer of Code Student 2017
- First major chunk of work in OSS, where I learnt a lot.
Last updated on: July 7, 2020